- THE BLUES BROTHERS/ FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES!
- CELEBRATING 45 YEARS OF THEIR CHART TOPPING DEBUT "BRIEFCASE FULL OF BLUES"
- ONE OF THE BIGGEST BLUES ALBUMS IN HISTORY - SELLING OVER 3 MILLION UNITS
- STUNNING BLUE VINYL PRESENTATION
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS FROM THE ATLANTIC RECORDS TAPES
- ORIGINAL ALBUM COVER ARTWORK
- FEATURES # 1 SMASH HITS "SOUL MAN" "RUBBER BISCUIT" & "FLIP, FLOP & FLY" & many other landmark smash hits from this debut hit Lp.
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
- Opening: I Can't Turn You Loose
- Hey Bartender
- Messin' With The Kid
- (I Got Everything I Need) Almost
- Rubber Biscuit
- Shot Gun Blues
- Groove Me
- I Don't Know
- Soul Man
- "B" Movie Box Car Blues
- Flip, Flop & Fly
- Closing: I Can't Turn You Loose
Featured Musicians: "Joliet" Jake Blues (John Belushi), Elwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd), Paul Shaffer, Steve Cropper & Donald "Duck" Dunn (Booker T. & The M.G.'s) Steve Jordan (Rolling Stones/Boz Scaggs) Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Lou Marini, Alan Rubin, Tom Scott & Tom Malone
1978 was a big year for Saturday Night Live's John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. As major followers and lovers of blues music, their newly created characters "Joliet" Jake Blues (Belushi) and Elwood Blues (Aykroyd), truly made a big dent in the album charts with their debut smash, as "Briefcase Full Of Blues" sailed to the top of both the sales and airplay charts with the help of their classic interpretation of the Sam & Dave oldie "Soul Man"
The historic album was recorded live at Universal Amphitheater in 1978, when they opened for fellow comedian/musician Steve Martin, and the performance was captured live by Atlantic Records and featured some of the biggest songs honoring the birth of of hard rockin' blues including Big Joe Turner's hit "Flip Flop & Fly" as well as The Chips r&b smash"Rubber Biscuit."
More choice blues and rock favorites continue with John Belushi's stunning delivery of "Hey Bartender" as well as the King Floyd classic "Groove Me."
The band consisted with some of the greatest talents of our time like Steve Cropper and Donald "Duck" Dunn from Booker T. & The M.G.s, future Rolling Stone's Steve Jordan on drums, Paul Shaffer on keys, Matt Murphy, Tom Scott, just to name a few of the greats that back up the incredible force of Jake and Elwood Blues.
Friday Music is very proud to announce the super limited edition stunning Blue Vinyl release of "Briefcase Full Of Blues" by The Blues Brothers.
This stunning #1 album is mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Muddy Waters/Ray Charles/Blues Brothers) from the Atlantic Records tapes and includes the original Lp artwork from the 1978 release.
Another fine exclusive vinyl release from your friends at Friday Music…