- Celebrate Black History Month 2021 With This Super Limited Edition Release!
- The Donny Hathaway/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Continues!
- Celebrate the Life & Times of one of Finest Soul Vocalists & Composters of Our Time
His Most Stellar Hit Recordings Now on First Time Super Limited Edition 180 Gram Translucent Gold Vinyl.
- Mastered Impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Aretha Franklin, Spinners, Percy Sledge) From The Atlantic Records Tapes At Friday Music Studios & Capitol Mastering In Hollywood, Ca
- Featuring Smash Hits "The Ghetto" "Where is the Love" Featuring Roberta Flack "This Christmas" " A Song For You" "Someday We'll All Be Free" & "You've Got A Friend" Featuring Roberta Flack
- Musicians & Producers Include: Donny Hathaway, Roberta Flack, Billy Cobham, King Curtis, Bernard Purdie, Eric Gale, Cornell Dupree, Jerry Wexler, & Arif Mardin
- You Were Meant for Me
- A Song for You
- You've Got A Friend - Donny Hathaway & Roberta Flack
- Someday We'll All Be Free
- Giving Up
- Where Is The Love - Donny Hathaway & Roberta Flack
- The Ghetto (Live)
- Valdez In the Country
- This Christmas
Donny Hathaway will be forever known as one of the leading voices of the 70’s soul renaissance and truly one of the more championed songwriters during his short lifetime. Thanks to today’s respect and care given to his music by a whole new generation of musicians and fans, Donny Hathaway forever reigns as one of soul’s pioneers.
Much like Ray Charles, Otis Redding, and other superstars before him, Donny had the necessary ingredients of a stellar voice/musicianship and songwriting acumen which successfully reached across all gospel, soul, rock and pop genres.
Donny Hathaway created some of the greatest sides ever for ATCO, where he spent his time on earth creating some of the most masterful and beautiful soul music ever waxed.
In 1978, Donny was honored with his first greatest hits collection simply titled "The Best of Donny Hathaway." This stunning array of his most memorable hit singles and stellar album staples, most of them featuring Joel Dorn, Billy Cobham, Arif Mardin, Jerry Wexler, Eric Gale, Bernard Purdie, King Curtis, Doc Gibbs and Cornell Dupree, continues to illustrate how important a force he was then and still is today, five decades since!
"The Best of Donny Hathaway" features a heavy menu of his finest moments like the funk infused "The Ghetto", the definitive balladry of Leon Russell’s "A Song For You", and of course his duet chart topper with Roberta Flack "Where Is The Love", which truly opened up a worldwide audience to this sorely missed genius.
Even more classics abound as you’ll hear the only vinyl release versions of his beautiful last top charting r&b ballads "You Were Meant For Me" and his standard holiday gem "This Christmas." The fine LP also includes one of the more poignant songs of our time "Someday We’ll All Be Free" which is truly a milestone song for this artist.