- The Gordon Lightfoot-Friday Music Vinyl Series Continues
- His 1974 Smash Hit Masterwork “Sundown”
- First Time Ever Orange Sundown Vinyl
- Super Limited Edition
- Original Artwork Restored
- Mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Gordon Lightfoot) from the original Reprise Records tapes
- Hit Tracks included “Sundown” “Carefree Highway” “High And Dry” “Too Late For Prayin’ plus the holiday classic “Circle Of Steel”
- Featured Musicians: Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Gordon (Derek & The Dominoes), Milt Holland, Nick DeCaro (Baja Marimba Band), Red Shea, Terry Clements and Rick Haynes
- Gordon Lightfoot (1938-2023)
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
- Somewhere U.S.A.
- High And Dry
- Seven Island Suite
- Circle Of Steel
- Is There Anyone Home
- The Watchman's Gone
- Carefree Highway
- The List
- Too Late For Prayin'
Approaching its 50th Anniversary, Gordon Lightfoot’s “Sundown” album was not only an artistic achievement but also and amazing success as it was his very first #1 album in the U.S. The 1974 masterwork included the very popular title track “Sundown” as well as the amazing follow-up hit single “Carefree Highway.”
As the album would become one the biggest selling album albums of the year, Gordon would continue his reign as a world class artist, furthering an incredible career that would last for many more decades.
The album would include more Lightfoot classics like “High And Dry” “Too Late For Prayin’” “Seven Island Suite” as well as his stunning holiday classic “Circle Of Steel”.
Gordon included a number of special guest musicians like Jim Gordon (Derek & The
Dominoes), Nick DeCaro (Baja Marimba Band), Milt Holland, plus long time bandmate greats Red Shea, Terry Clements and Rick Haynes.
This album would go on to become one of the greatest albums in Gordon Lightfoot’s
significant catalog of recorded music.
Friday Music is very honored to revisit Gordon Lightfoot’s masterpiece “Sundown” for the first time ever on stunning Orange Sundown Vinyl. Mastered impeccably by long time Gordon Lightfoot re-issue producer Joe Reagoso, this super limited masterpiece will also be featured in its classic Lp cover featuring the classic cover photo by John Reeves.