Estimated Shipping Timeline: 3-5 Weeks
- The Chicago/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Continues!!!
- Celebrate The 25th Anniversary Of Their Masterpiece “Night And Day”
- Now On Long Awaited First Time Vinyl !!!
- Pressed On 180 Gram Super Limited Edition Striking Aqua Audiophile Vinyl
- Mastered Impeccably By Joe Reagoso And Chicago Co-Founder Lee Loughnane From The Giant Records Tapes
- First Time Album Cover Sized Artwork
- First 500 Copies Includes Full Color Publicity Photo Of Current Band
- Includes: “Sophisticated Lady” “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” “Night And Day” “Take The A Train” “Chicago” & “Moonlight Serenade”
- Special Guest Musicians: Joe Perry (Aerosmith) -The Gipsy Kings - Jade- Bruce Fairbairn -Paul Shaffer -Luis Conte
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
- Sophisticated Lady
- Goody Goody
- Moonlight Serenade
- Night & Day
- Blues In The Night - Chicago featuring Joe Perry
- Sing, Sing, Sing - Chicago featuring The Gipsy Kings
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Chicago featuring Jade
- In The Mood
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- Take The "A" Train
"Night And Day" was the 18th chapter in a long line of gold and platinum smash albums for Chicago which begun in 1969. Featuring the award winning line-up of Robert Lamm (lead vocals/keyboards), the legendary horns of James Pankow (trombone), Lee Loughnane (trumpet/vocals), & Walt Parazaider (saxophone/woodwinds), plus Jason Sheff (lead vocals/bass), Bill Champlin (lead vocals/keyboards) Tris Imboden (drums) and Bruce Gaitsch on guitars, "Night And Day" is undoubtedly one of the most innovative and one of the most revered offerings in their huge catalog.
As a stunning tribute to the big band sound, Chicago successfully scores with incredible rock, blues and jazz arrangements including their powerful workout on the Duke Ellington favorite “Take The A Train.”
Further smash Chicago interpretations like the Bill Champlin infused belter “Goody Goody”, more Duke Ellington fare with a striking rendition of “Caravan” featuring the vocals of Robert Lamm, and of course the band’s namesake “Chicago” featuring a stunning performance by Robert Lamm and Co.
Chicago continues their trademark balladry in full force with beautiful renditions of “Sophisticated Lady” and “Night And Day” both featuring the voice of Jason Scheff.
Bill Champlin and Robert Lamm do a knock out performance of Duke Ellington’s “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” as The Gipsy Kings lend a hand on the delightful “Sing Sing Sing” made famous by the great Louis Prima.
Even legendary rocker Joe Perry from Aerosmith brings his guitar to a fiery performance on the classic “Blues In The Night”
Originally released in 1995, compact discs were the medium of choice and the album never was released on vinyl…that is until now!
Friday Music is very honored to continue the CHICAGO 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL SERIES with the 25th Anniversary of their big band masterpiece Night And Day. Mastered impeccably from the original Giant Records master tapes by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios , along with Chicago’s Lee Loughnane, this album is truly a thrilling audiophile vinyl release.
For this special limited edition, it will be pressed on 180 Gram Aqua audiophile vinyl, and we are also including first time full color album cover art as well as a rare full color publicity photo featuring the current line-up of Chicago, complete with all the great music you will always remember from this historic release.
“Night And Day” from Chicago…on impeccable 180 Gram Aqua Audiophile Vinyl…exclusively from your friends at Friday Music…
Now More Than Ever!