- SPARKS - FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES!!!
- CELEBRATE 5 DECADES OF THEIR STELLAR SECOND ALBUM "A WOOFER IN TWEETER'S CLOTHING"
- FIRST TIME EVER TRANSLUCENT GOLD METALLIC VINYL
- ORIGINAL ALBUM COVER ART NOT PRODUCED IN DECADES
- PRODUCED BY JAMES LOWE
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO (TODD RUNDGREN/SPARKS) FROM THE ORIGINAL BEARSVILLE RECORDS TAPES
- FEATURE BRAND NEW LINER NOTE FROM JAMES LOWE
- INCLUDES CLASSIC TRACKS "GIRL FROM GERMANY" "WHIPPINGS AND APOLOGIES" "BEAVER O'LINDY" "UNDERGROUND" & "THE LOUVRE"
- SPARKS ON TOUR 2023
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
1. Girl From Germany
2. Beaver O'Lindy
3. Nothing Is Sacred
4. Here Comes Bob
5. Moon Over Kentucky
2. Angus Desire
4. The Louvre
5. Batteries Not Included
6. Whippings and Apologies
SPARKS: RUSSELL MAEL, RON MAEL, JIM MANKEY, EARLE MANKEY & HARLEY FEINSTEIN
After getting well deserved recognition from their first album "Sparks" (Friday 2048), the band worked with their previous engineer James Lowe (Utopia/Electric Prunes), who would produce their classic second Lp 'A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing."
With eleven new tracks for their ever growing legion of fans, "Girl From Germany" would be the catalyst that brought them to the United Kingdom and soon would conquer the overseas marketplace via television appearances and radio airplay. As James Lowe recently noted "It was 'Girl From Germany' and we were off!"
For over five decades, Russell and Ron have maintained an amazing career that continues to attract new fans every day, Their concerts sell out all over the world and their catalog of albums is legendary.
Their early Bearsville albums have been fairly vacant over the years on Lp, therefore, we are very pleased to announce their sonically exciting second album "A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing" on first time ever translucent gold metallic vinyl.
Produced by James Lowe (Utopia/Electric Prunes) and mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Todd Rundgren/Sparks) from the original Bearsville Records tapes, the "A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing" album will become one of them more important alternative rock albums revisited this year.
We are going to feature the album in the original artwork presentation not manufactured in the LP format for decades, complete with a brand new liner note from the legendary producer James Lowe.