BETTE MIDLER | SONGS FOR THE NEW DEPRESSION CD
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER. RELEASE DATE: MARCH 30, 2018.
* THE BETTE MIDLER/FRIDAY MUSIC ORIGINAL MASTER SERIES CONTINUES!
* REVISIT HER STELLAR MASTERPIECE FROM 1976
* IMPECCABLY MASTERED BY JOE REAGOSO
* FEATURED MUSICIANS: BOB DYLAN, TODD RUNDGREN, UTOPIA, RICK DERRINGER, THE BRECKER BROTHERS, STEVE GADD
* INCLUDES STELLAR INTERPRETATIONS OF TOM WAITS' "SHIVER ME TIMBERS" PHOEBE SNOW'S "I DON'T WANT THE NIGHT TO END" & BETTE MIDLER'S OWN "MR. ROCKEFELLER" & FRANK SINATRA'S "STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT"
For 1976’s Songs For The New Depression, Bette Midler proved once again that she was a force in popular music that would truly stand the test of time. Four decades later, the album continues to resonate with her millions of fans around the world, and is truly one of the most revered in her extensive catalog of hit albums.
Produced by the late great Moogy Klingman (Utopia, Todd Rundgren, Buzzy Linhart), the masterpiece included some of the finest renditions ever of classic standards like a rockin’ disco version of Strangers In The Night, the stunning Arif Mardin arrangement of Patti Page’s Old Cape Cod, as well as one of Bette Midler’s own penned classics Mr. Rockefeller. Always supporting the upcoming writers and artists, Tom Waits gets represented early on with her brilliant interpretation of Shiver Me Timbers, as well as a knock out Philly soul ballad rendition of Phoebe Snow’s I Don’t Want The Night To End.
Superstars abound on the album like the great Bob Dylan, who lends an artistic hand with his classic Buckets Of Rain, plus friends like Todd Rundgren & Utopia, The Brecker Brothers, and Rick Derringer all play prominent roles in creating one of the coolest albums of the mid 70’s.
Mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Elvis Presley, Billy Joel, Todd Rundgren) from the Atlantic Records tapes, Friday Music is very pleased to offer another fine Bette Midler classic with her 1976 masterwork Songs For The New Depression. Complete with the original LP artwork elements, Bette Midler’s Songs For The New Depression will be one of this year’s finest re-released gems…..courtesy of your friends at Friday Music.
- Strangers In The Night
- I Don't Want The Night To End
- Mr. Rockefeller
- Old Cape Cod
- Buckets Of Rain
- Love Says It's Waiting
- a) Shiver Me Timbers b) Samedi Et Vendredi
- No Jestering
- Let Me Just Follow Behind