- The Santana/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Series Continues
- Celebrating The 1973 Guitar Summit Of The Ages - Carlos Santana & Mahavishnu John Mclaughlin!!!!
- First Time Ever Super Limited Edition Translucent Gold & Red Swirl Vinyl
- Original Gatefold Cover Artwork Presentation
- Mastered Impeccably By Joe Reagoso
- Pressed At R.T.I.
- Features The Incredible Works Of John Coltrane "A Love Supreme" & "Naima" Plus "Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord"
- Santana On Tour With Earth Wind And Fire 2020
- Featured Musicians: Carlos Santana - Mahavishnu John Mclaughlin- Larry Young-Jan Hammer-Billy Cobham-Don Alias-Armando Perez-Mingo Lewis-Doug Rauch-Michael Shrieve
- A Love Supreme
- The Life Divine
- Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord
Here is a true expression of the ultimate in true guitar greatness, the vinyl meeting of the guitar gods Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin’s "Love Devotion Surrender." Recorded on the heels of their power house smashes Santana’s Caravanserai and The Mahavishnu Orchestra’s Birds Of Fire (FRM 31996), this amazing album even tore up the pop music charts and has been a jazz fusion staple ever since.
The album consisted of five tracks, several of them with extended timings which gave the two experts room to jam and free form their creative artistry to new levels. With new readings of the traditional "Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord", as well as two John Coltrane interpretations "A Love Supreme" and "Naima:, both Santana and McLaughlin truly delivered the goods with this timeless audiophile masterpiece!
The other players on this fine release include the Santana band’s notables Michael Shrieve, Doug Rauch, and Armando Peraza, as well as jazz legend Larry Young on organ, and future jazz fusion superstars Billy Cobham and Jan Hammer from The Mahavishnu Orchestra. Wow!Friday Music is so very pleased to announce the super limited edition Translucent Gold & Red Swirl 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl version of this landmark jazz rock fusion recording.
This amazing limited edition release is impeccably mastered by Joe Reagoso (Santana and Mahavishnu Orchestra) and pressed at RTITo further enhance your listening hours, "Love Devotion Surrender " also includes the striking original gatefold cover with all of the original artwork elements form this 1973 release.