- The Chicago/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Continues!!!
- Celebrate 5 Decades Of Their Debut Masterpiece Chicago Transit Authority - The One That Started It All!!!
- First Time Ever 180 Gram Super Limited Edition 180 Gram Red Audiophile Vinyl
- Striking Gatefold Cover Artwork
- Mastered Impeccably By Joe Reagoso And Lee Loughnane From Chicago
- On Tour 2020
- Features Smash Hits: "Beginnings" – "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" – " I’m A Man" – "Questions 67 & 68" and "Free Form Guitar"
- Chicago Classic Line Up : Robert Lamm, Terry Kath, Peter Cetera, James Pankow, Lee Loughnane, Walter Parazaider, and Danny Seraphine
- Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Questions 67 & 68
- Poem 58
- Free From Guitar
- Southern California Purples
- I'm A Man
- Prologue (August 29, 1968)
- Someday (August 29, 1968)
Chicago Transit Authority was the first chapter in a long line of multiplatinum smash albums for Chicago which begun in 1969. Featuring the original award-winning line-up of Robert Lamm (lead vocals/keyboards), Peter Cetera (lead vocals/bass), Terry Kath (lead vocals/guitars), the legendary horns of Lee Loughnane (trumpet), Walter Parazaider (saxophone/woodwinds), James Pankow (trombone) plus Danny Seraphine (drums), Chicago Transit Authority is undoubtedly one of the biggest selling albums of the classic rock era and
is also one of the most revered offerings in their huge catalog. Buoyed by the success of huge hit singles like Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?,
Questions 67 and 68 and Beginnings, Chicago’s debut album was filled with so many great songs, it could be its own greatest hits collection. Further smashes like the powerful funkified version of I’m A Man, the stellar Introduction, plus the late Terry Kath masterwork Free Form Guitar all truly make this fine album even more of a treasure trove of classic rock enjoyment.
Friday Music is very pleased to continue the CHICAGO 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
SERIES with their debut masterpiece "Chicago Transit Authority" for a very limited time on 1stunning 180 Gram Red Audiophile Vinyl. Mastered impeccably from the original Chicago Records master tapes by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios and Capitol Records in Hollywood, CA, with the supervision of Chicago’s Lee Loughnane, this album is truly a thrilling audiophile vinyl release for any serious music collector.
For this special super limited edition, we have also included the original full color album cover in gatefold style as it was released in 1969, complete with the great music you will always remember from this historic release. Chicago Transit Authority from Chicago...on impeccable First Time Super Limited Edition 180 Gram Red Audiophile Vinyl...exclusively from your friends at Friday Music...