- Celebrate Your Holidays With "The Great One" & Friday Music
- *The 1967 Holiday Jazz Masterwork Is Now Faithfully Remastered & Restored
- First Time 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl & Striking Gatefold Cover Artwork
- Mastered Impeccably By Long Time Fan Joe Reagoso (Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams)
- Features Jackie Gleason's Classic Renditions Of "Blue Christmas" "Let It Snow, Let It Snow" & "You're All I Want For Christmas"
- Recent Infomercial Campaign Featuring "The Jackie Gleason Show" Is Currently Being Offered On Television Stations Around The Country
- "The Honeymooners" Still Airs On Television Over 60 Years Now!!
- Christmas Moon
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
- Blue Christmas
- Snowbound for Christmas
- Late in December
- It's Christmas Time All Over the World
- That's What I Want for Christmas
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Christmas Island
- You're All I Want for Christmas
"The Great One" a name chosen by Orson Welles for his great friend Jackie Gleason has become a heartfelt and much apt expression for this legendary Brooklyn born entertainer, whose comedic genius, acting talents, and musical acumen were of proportions never to be witnessed again.
A working genius, Jackie Gleason seemed to be a master of all things in entertainment. Always a lover of fine music, he was one of the first musicians in the recording industry to create mood music and concept albums for his huge audience, and like his acting and comedy career, his Capitol Records albums were also smash hits and time honored classics.
Known for decades as Ralph Kramden from the very successful "The Honeymooners" series and later in the 1960's-70's with "The Jackie Gleason Show", he walked into the music conductor mode and delivered a holiday hit album with his much loved "Tis The Season" in 1967.
The Christmas extravaganza "Tis The Season" has all the makings of his beautiful mid to late sixties mood music albums, all which featured a jazz feel encompassing elements of horn, sax, and percussive instrumentation and lush orchestration that he would conjure up in his mind, unlike any other conductor of his era.
Gleason successfully blended echoes of holiday classics like "Blue Christmas" as well as some newer soon to be standards like "That's All I Want For Christmas" and the brilliant melancholy opener "Christmas Moon", making this another smash album for this legend which graced the top thirty chart in the winter of 1967.
For many years, this album has not been available on vinyl...that is until now. Friday Music is pleased to announce the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition release of Jackie Gleason's "Tis The Season." Impeccably mastered by Joe Reagoso (Elvis Presley, Johnny Mathis) on first time 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, the wonderful album also will be packaged in a first time gatefold cover, which will enhance your holiday listening hours.
How Sweet It Is!