Out of stock - Restocking soon!
- Celebrate Black History Month 2021 With This Super Limited Edition Release!
- The Sugarhill Gang/ Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Continues!
- Celebrate 4 Decades Of Old School Rap & Hip-Hop From The Originators Who Started It All!!!
- Includes The Long 12" Version Of "Rapper's Delight"
- Mastered Impeccably On 2 Lp's By Joe Reagoso (Sugar Hill Gang/Chic/Aretha Franklin)
- Striking Gatefold Cover Album Art
- Original Liner Notes & Photographic Discography Of Unique Label Art From The Sugar Hill Label
- Smash Hits Include: "Rapper's Delight" "Apache" "Showdown" "8th Wonder" "Girls" & "Livin' In The Fast Lane"
- Featured Musicians: Michael “Wonder Mike” Wright, Henry “Big Bank Hank” Jackson & Guy “Master Gee” O’brien
- Rapper's Delight
- Hot Hot Summer Day
- 8th Wonder 7
- Showdown - The Furious Five Meets The Sugarhill Gang
- The Lover In You
- The Word Is Out
- Kick It Live From 9 To 5
- Livin' In The Fast Lane
- Work, Work, The Body - Big Bank Hank, Kory-O, Wonder Mike
If there ever were originators of a brand of music which has lasted now for over 4 decades, the trio from Englewood, New Jersey known as Sugarhill Gang surely shook the world up with their first global smash hit "Rapper’s Delight" in 1979.
Featuring their rhymes and rap styles against the music of Chic’s classic hit "Good Times", this song along with many other smash hits would go on to influence generations of rap, hip hop and rock artists for years to come. Consisting of Michael “Wonder Mike” Wright, Henry “Big Bank Hank” Jackson and Guy “Master Gee” O’Brien, these three rappers turned the street sounds of the east coast into a worldwide party and kept it going for many more hit singles and albums throughout the eighties into the new millennium.
Discovered by Sugarhill label owners, superstar soul singer and producer Sylvia Robinson and her husband Joe Robinson, Sugarhill Gang would go on to develop more smash dance floor and rap hits with the likes of tunes like "Girls", the much emulated summer smash "Hot Hot Summer Day", and their explosive collaboration tour de force with The Furious Five on the classic "Showdown."
More hits followed the band thanks to massive airplay on their colossal worldwide smash "Apache" and of course their brilliant "Livin’ In The Fast Lane."