- CELEBRATE YOUR HALLOWEEN WITH TWISTED SISTER!!!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 4 DECADES OF THEIR DEBUT ALBUM "UNDER THE BLADE"
- SUPER LIMITED EDITION - 2 LP SET
- STRIKING GATEFOLD COVER ART INCLUDING ORIGINAL U.K. SECRET RECORDS COVER ART & RARE PHOTOS FROM THE TWISTED SISTER ARCHIVES
- COMPILED AND RESEARCHED BY TWISTED SISTER CO-FOUNDER JAY JAY FRENCH & JOE REAGOSO (TWISTED SISTER/WINGER/ALICE COOPER)
- SUPER LIMITED METALLIC SILVER BLADE VINYL
- FIRST TIME EVER U.K. ORIGINAL MIX - PRODUCED BY PETE WAY (UFO/ WAYSTED)
- RARE SINGLES, UNRELEASED BONUS TRACKS, FIRST TIME EVER LIVE RECORDINGS
- INCLUDED RARE RECORING ITINERARY & PERSONAL NOTES FROM THE DIARY OF JAY JAY FRENCH
- INCLUDES THE SUPER RARE & UNRELEASED LED ZEPPELIN MEDLEY RECORDED LIVE
- NEW 2023 LINER NOTES FROM DEE SNIDER, JAY JAY FRENCH, EDDIE OJEDA & MARK MENDOZA
- What You Don't Know (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Bad Boys (Of Rock 'N' Roll) (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Run For Your Life (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Sin After Sin (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Shoot 'Em Down (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Rock N Roll Saviors (Minot Sound bonus demo)
- Destroyer (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Under The Blade (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Tear It Loose (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Day Of The Rocker (original Secret Records U.K. mix)
- Come Back (Minot Sound bonus demo)
- How Many More Times (live recording)
- Good Times Bad Times (live recording)
- Dazed And Confused (live recording)
- Communication Breakdown (live recording)
- How Many More Times (reprise) (live recording)
- Toys In The Attic (live from Maxi's)
- I'll Never Grow Up Now (Twisted Sister TS1001B single version)
- Bad Boys Of Rock N Roll (demo version)
- Lady's Boy (rare 45 B side TS1002B)
- Shoot 'Em Down (live from Maxi's)
- You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song) -Demo Version
“‘Under the Blade’ lead to our legendary appearance at Reading which led to our epic performance on The Tube which led to us getting our deal with Atlantic Records...and the rest as they say is history! Enjoy!”
“The photo of us on the back cover was taken at Midnight July 19 1982. As the clock struck midnight, I had finally accomplished my dream. All I was thinking during that photo shoot was that I couldn’t get over the irony. I had my record deal...just under the wire!”
—Jay Jay French
“The process of recording the basic tracks utilizing the Rak Mobile Truck in The Barn. We used bales of hay stacked around the amps and drums for sound absorption, never did that before. The owner of the farm stated that his cows gave 20 percent more milk and his hens laid 30 percent more eggs because of my bass shaking the place, it was loud!”
“It was a very exciting time for all of us and I have some great memories about some of the fun we had doing those sessions. Those memories have a special place for me, and they always will since that was our first record deal.”
"Under The Blade" was Twisted Sister's amazing debut album. Produced by UFO's Pete Way along with Dee Snider and Mark Mendoza of Twisted Sister, the original eight track 1982 album was exactly what hard rock and metal fans were craving for, a stunning masterwork of unequalled proportions not usually seen for a first release .
The reason for the tenacity and hard rock flavor of this incredible masterwork was that Twisted Sister had already been playing and honing their skills both in the studio and on stage since the early seventies, and they truly had their sound and original stage show well rehearsed, and they were truly ready for superstardom.
Friday Music is very pleased to announce the 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition release of “Under The Blade.” Mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Twisted Sister/Thin Lizzy/Jeff Beck) from the Secret Records, Atlantic Records, and Twisted Sister Archives, this masterwork will be manufactured on Metallic Silver Blade Vinyl.
Compiled by Twisted Sister’s Jay Jay French and Friday Music’s Joe Reagoso, “Under The Blade/40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition” will truly be one of the more important historic hard rock revisits in recent memory.
This incredible 2 Lp set not only collects the original Secret Records mix of their debut album, it also collects a ton of unreleased live and rare studio moments leading up to the 1982 overseas release. For instance, you will hear the entire Pete Way 1982 mix of the Secret Records Lp, out of print for decades, which includes hits like “Destroyer” “Under The Blade” and “Tear It Loose”, as well as the super rare Minot Sound recordings of “Come Back” and “Rock And Roll Saviors.”
Side 3 & 4 are simply non-stop rarities including the much discussed, but never released ultimate live Led Zeppelin Medley, which includes some incredible interpretations of “How Many More Times”, “Good Times Bad Times, “Dazed And Confused”, “Heartbreaker” just to name a few... and then a nod to Aerosmith with a great cover of “Toys In The Attic”
More Twisted Sister choice vault tracks abound with “I’ll Never Grow Up Now” & “Lady’s Boy” from their rare self-distributed 45 RPM single, plus even more rare moments like their demo versions of Bad Boys (Of Rock ‘n’ Roll) and “You’re Not Alone (Suzette’s Song).”
To further enhance your Twisted Sister experience, as the band has taken great pride in collecting their history and keeping it intact for the fans, we are also including rare photos from The Barn sessions, including rare Jay Jay French diaries and recording itinerary never before seen in album cover form. This is truly what the fans have been asking for and Twisted Sister is delivering the goods!!!
ROCK N ROLL!!!!!