Estimated Shipping Timeline: 3-5 weeks
- The Wilson Pickett/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Continues
- His Phenomenal Second Greatest Hits Album From 1971
- Super Limited 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl
- Mastered Impeccably By Joe Reagoso (Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Spinners)
- Original 1971 Artwork Design
- Includes Smash Hits: "Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You" Sugar Sugar" "Born To Be Wild" "Get Me Back On Time Engine # 9" "Hey Jude" & "I'm A Midnight Mover"
- Featured Musicians: Issac Hayes, Duane Allman, Steve Cropper, Al Jackson, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Spooner Oldham, Jimmy Johnson, Roger Hawkins & Tommy Cogbill
- Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You
- Sugar Sugar
- Get Me Back On Time, Engine Number 9
- I'm A Midnight Mover
- A Man And A Half
- Born To Be Wild
- She's Lookin' Good
- I'm In Love
- Hey Joe
- Cole, Cooke & Redding
- Hey Jude
- You Keep Me Hangin' On
- I Found A True Love
The great Wilson Pickett will be forever known as one of the original classic soul pioneers who had a knack of mastering funk grooves drenched in soul, rock & pop. He made some of the greatest sides ever for Atlantic, where he spent almost two decades creating some of the grittiest sold music ever waxed.
Wilson Pickett was truly one of the finest R&B and pop recording acts of all time. Forever associated with his sophisticated soul and rock vocal prowess, the legendary artist continues to garner both new and old fans alike with his amazing output of top charting hits and fine albums recorded over the years.
After years of huge hit singles and amazing albums with Atlantic Records, the label awarded the superstar once again with a terrific greatest hits collection simply titled "The Best Of The Wilson Pickett Volume II." Featuring more of his later 1960s and early '70s hits like the smash Gamble and Huff groover "Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You," the funk filled "Get Me Back On Time, Engine Number 9," and of course his powerful interpretation of The Beatles "Hey Jude," this LP was worth its weight in gold!
The multi-platinum superstar continues this awesome collection with more classics like his soulful renditions of Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild," The Vanilla Fudge/ Supremes smash "You Keep Me Hangin' On" and The Archies pop classic "Sugar, Sugar," of which all became huge hit records for this sorely missed artist.
Friday Music is very pleased to revisit another installment in The Wilson Pickett/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series with his masterpiece "The Best Of The Wilson Pickett Volume II."
The long out of print original Atlantic Records classic is now mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Earth, Wind & Fire/ The Spinners) and pressed for a very limited time on stellar 180 Gram Audiophile vinyl. To further enhance your Wilson Pickett experience, this audiophile album will be presented with the original rare LP cover elements.