- THE ALBERT KING – FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES BEGINS!
- THE MEMPHIS BLUES MEETS THE SOUL OF NEW ORLEANS!!!
- CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH WITH ALBERT’S AMAZING SANSU RECORDS MASTERWORK "NEW ORLEANS HEAT"
- PRODUCED BY THE LEGENDARY ALLEN TOUSSAINT
- IMPECCABLY MASTERED BY JOE REAGOSO AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS FROM THE ORIGINAL SANSU RECORDS TAPES
- FIRST TIME ON VINYL IN DECADES!!
- SMOKIN’ HOT RED VINYL
- STRIKING ORIGINAL ALBUM COVER PRESENTATION
- FEATURES CLASSIC ALBERT KING FAVORITES: "I GOT THE BLUES" "THE FEELING" "GET OUT OF MY LIFE WOMAN" & "BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN"
- FEATURED MUSICIANS: ALBERT KING, ALLEN TOUSSAINT & THE METERS’ GEORGE PORTER & LEO NOCENTELLI
- Get Out Of My Life Woman
- Born Under A Bad Sign
- The Feeling
- We All Wanna Boogie
- The Very Thought Of You
- I Got The Blues
- I Get Evil
- Angel Of Mercy
- Flat Tire
In 1978, the amazing meeting of two musical giants Albert King and Allen Toussaint was born. The two geniuses got together and recorded one of the grooviest blues and funk albums of all time “New Orleans Heat”
As blues were going through a cultural renaissance since the late 60’s, bluesmen like Albert King were in high demand. Rock, blues and urban radio stations and retailers knew a good thing, especially with New Orleans legend Allen Toussaint spearheading the project.
The LP sessions began with Allen Toussaint’s classic "Get Out Of My Life Woman" which shows a more funk blues rhythm groove, truly kicking off the album to a high note.
Following the album up with a solid revisit on Albert King’s standard "Born Under A Bad Sign", and then the Memphis blues belter "The Feeling" made this a definitive listen for both blues and rock fans alike.
More favorites abound with Albert King’s fantastic lead guitar with The Meter's Leo
Nocentelli and George Porter working out on tracks like “I Got The Blues” and “I Get Evil”
The team relaxes the jam with a stunning version of Ray Noble’s classic “The Very Thought Of You” which truly makes this a wonderful listen and a very enjoyable experience.
Friday Music is no stranger to the blues, as we are very pleased to announce for the first time on vinyl in many years, Albert King’s classic “New Orleans Heat" featuring Allen Toussaint for the first time ever on super limited edition Friday Music Translucent Red Vinyl.
Impeccably mastered from the original Sansu Records tapes by Joe Reagoso (Johnny Winter, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker) this amazing album will also be featured in its original LP album cover presentation, to further enhance your Albert King listening experience.
Truly a masterpiece in the blues…courtesy of Albert King, Allen Toussaint and your friends at Friday Music!
*Friday Rights Management, LLC