- THE BOZ SCAGGS/ FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES
- CELEBRATING 5 DECADES OF HIS BLUES MASTERPIECE
- FIRST TIME TRANSLUCENT BLUE VINYL
- ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER ARTWORK
- RECORDED AT MUSCLE SHOALS SOUND STUDIOS
- MASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL 1969 ATLANTIC RECORDS TAPES BY JOE REAGOSO (BOZ SCAGGS/BUDDY GUY/B.B. KING/ALLMAN BROTHERS) AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS
- FEATURING DUANE "SKYDOG" ALLMAN ON SLIDE & ELECTRIC GUITARS
- CLASSIC BOZ SCAGGS FAVORITES : "LOAN ME A DIME" "I'M EASY" "SWEET RELEASE" "WAITING ON A TRAIN" & "I'LL BE LONG GONE"
MUSICIANS INCLUDE: BOZ SCAGGS, DUANE ALLMAN, BARRY BECKETT, JEANNIE
GREENE, ROGER HAWKINS, EDDIE HINTON, MARY HOLIDAY, DAVID HOOD, JIMMY
JOHNSON, AL LESTER & JAMES MITCHELL
- I'm Easy
- I'll Be Long Gone
- Another Day (Another Letter)
- Now You're Gone
- Finding Her
- Look What I Got
- Waiting For A Train
- Loan Me A Dime
- Sweet Release
After a long run recording and touring with the Steve Miller Band, fellow Texan William Royce Scaggs decided to go solo in 1968. A year later, the future Grammy award winning artist delivered an amazing masterwork for Atlantic Records simply titled "Boz Scaggs."
Recorded at the legendary Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, the song selection and the
stunning studio players truly made this an extraordinary album for Boz, and would go on to be one of his most enduring albums now for over five decades.
Noted for the amazing guitar/vocal interplay between Boz and fellow bluesman Duane Allman, along with the stellar Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, the Lp was absolutely one of the finest recordings of all time, as songs like "I'm Easy" "I'll Be Long Gone" and of course the tour de force "Loan Me A Dime" would go on to become radio favorites lasting decades.
More classics like Jimmie Rodgers "Waiting For A Train" and his collaboration with Barry Beckett "Sweet Release" are also more examples of the great music found within this stunning 1969 masterwork.
To commemorate five decades of this amazing album, Friday Music is very pleased to announce the first time ever Translucent Blue Vinyl super limited edition release of "Boz Scaggs."
To further enhance your Boz Scaggs vinyl experience, we are also including the original gatefold album cover artwork from 1969.