- THE CHICAGO/ FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES!!!
- CELEBRATE FIFTY YEARS OF THEIR NUMBER ONE SMASH ALBUM "CHICAGO V"
- THEIR FIRST SINGLE ALBUM - MULTI-PLATINUM - FIRST IN A SERIES OF 5 NUMBER ONE ALBUMS IN A ROW!!!
- SUPER LIMITED EDITION PRESENTED ON STRKING GOLD VINYL
- PRODUCED BY JAMES WILLIAM GUERCIO
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO (CHICAGO) and CHICAGO CO-FOUNDER LEE LOUGHNANE FROM THE ORIGNAL 1972 CHICAGO RECORDS TAPES
- STELLAR GATEFOLD COVER ARTWORK-INCLUDING LYRICS
- SMASH HITS INCLUDE: "SATURDAY IN THE PARK" "DIALOGUE PART ONE & PART TWO" "STATE OF THE UNION" "ALL IS WELL" & "WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS"
- CHICAGO: TERRY KATH, ROBERT LAMM, LEE LOUGHNANE, WALTER PARAZAIDER, JAMES PANKOW, PETER CETERA & DANNY SERAPHINE
- CHICAGO ON TOUR 2022
- A Hit By Varèse
- All Is Well
- Now That You've Gone
- Dialogue (Part One)
- Dialogue (Part Two)
- While The City Sleeps
- Saturday In The Park
- State Of The Union
- Alma Mater
"Chicago V" was another huge multi-platinum plus smash for Chicago. Featuring the original award winning line-up of Robert Lamm (lead vocals/keyboards), Peter Cetera (lead vocals/bass), Terry Kath (lead vocals/guitars), the legendary horns of Lee Loughnane (trumpet), Walter Parazaider (saxophone/woodwinds), James Pankow (trombone) plus Danny Seraphine (drums), "Chicago V" is undoubtedly one of their biggest selling albums and is also one of the most revered offerings in their huge catalog.
In terms of classic rock statistics, It was also their first single disc album, after 3 double albums and one four LP release. It was their first album to achieve #1 status, and was followed by 4 more number one albums in a row!
Buoyed by the success of huge hit singles like "Saturday In The Park" and "Dialogue (Part One & Part Two)", their fifth album was filled of with more smashes like the power driven opener "A Hit By Verése", the prophetic hard rocker "State Of The Union" and the fan favorite "All Is Well."
Many of the fine tunes on this well crafted album also feature the sorely missed vocals and guitar of Terry Kath, where he truly shines on tracks like the funk infused hits "Dialogue (Part One & Part Two)" and his ballad and album closer "Alma Mater", both of which make this fine album even more of a treasure trove of classic rock enjoyment.
Celebrating 50 years of this 1972 classic, Friday Music is very pleased to continue our
Chicago Vinyl Series with their masterpiece "Chicago V" now presented for the very first time on super limited edition Gold Vinyl.
Mastered impeccably from the original 1972 Chicago Records master tapes by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios and with Chicago’s co-founder Lee Loughnane, this album is truly a thrilling vinyl revisit for all fans of great rock masterpieces.
For this special limited edition, we have also included the splendid album cover in gatefold style, complete with the lyrics and of course the great music you will always remember from this stunning release.
"Chicago V" from Chicago... on impeccable First Time Ever Gold - 50th Anniversary Vinyl... exclusively from your friends at Friday Music.
"Saturday In The Park... I Think It Was The 4th Of July..."