- THE MONKEES/FRIDAY MUSIC SERIES CONTINUES!
- IN HONOR OF THE MONKEES FAREWELL TOUR - JOIN US IN CELEBRATING 55 YEARS OF THEIR #1 PSYCHEDELIC SMASH FROM 1967
- PRESSED ON FIRST TIME EVER SUPER LIMITED EDITION TURQUOISE AQUA MONOPHONIC VINYL
- ORIGINAL ALBUM COVER ARTWORK DESIGN
- PRODUCED BY CHIP DOUGLAS
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO (THE MONKEES/MICKY DOLENZ/DAVY JONES) FROM THE ORIGNAL COLGEMS RECORDS MONOPHONIC TAPES
- INCLUDES THEIR SMASH HITS "PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY" "WORDS" "WHAT AM I DOING HANGIN' 'ROUND" "THE DOOR INTO SUMMER" "STAR COLLECTOR" & "CUDDLY TOY"
- AMAZING FACT #1: ONE OF FOUR #1 ALBUMS RELEASED BY THE MONKEES IN 1967
- AMAZING FACT #2: THE ONLY LP THAT REPLACED THE BEATLES "SGT. PEPPER'S
- LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND" IN THE #1 SPOT TO CLOSE OUT THE "SUMMER OF LOVE" YEAR IN MUSIC 1967
- THE MONKEES: MICKY DOLENZ, DAVY JONES, MICHAEL NESMITH & PETER TORK
- FEATURED MUSICIANS: MICKY DOLENZ, DAVY JONES, MICHAEL NESMITH, PETER TORK, DOUGLAS DILLARD (The Dillards/Dillard & Clark Expedition) PAUL BEAVER & CHIP DOUGLAS (The Turtles)
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
- She Hangs Out
- The Door Into Summer
- Love Is Only Sleeping
- Cuddly Toy
- Hard To Believe
- What Am I Doing Hangin' 'Round?
- Peter Percival Patterson's Pet Pig Porky - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Daily Nightly
- Don't Call On Me
- Star Collector
In September 1966, Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork debuted as "The Monkees" on NBC’s new Fall season line-up of shows. Overnight success would happen in the form of a smash TV show, a #1 debut album and a #1 hit single, as The Monkees were now the face of young people everywhere and they were here to stay.
The Monkees would soon break even more ground and overtake The Beatles on the charts for their first several albums as well as blanket radio with massive airplay on all of their music, which became the soundtrack to the lives of millions of rock and roll kids worldwide.
Friday Music is no stranger to the amazing recording career of The Monkees. As they
embark on their final tour, and as a lasting tribute to the band, the music and the memories, we are very pleased to announce "Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd." for the first time ever on super limited edition Turquoise Aqua Monophonic Vinyl.
Mastered from the original Colgems Records monophonic tapes by Joe Reagoso (The
Monkees), this super limited edition classic includes many of your favorite Monkees hits like the double A side # 1 hit single "Pleasant Valley Sunday" & "Words", the early country rock feel of "What Am I Doing Hangin' ' Round" "The Door Into Summer" & "Cuddly Toy".
The #1 smash album also saw the first use of a Moog Synthesizer as Micky Dolenz was one of the first rock musicians to purchase one and its used throughout the album on tunes like the prog-rocker "Daily Nightly" and the Davy Jones' psych classic "Star Collector."
"Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd" was one of the most successful albums ever
released in classic rock history. The mono mixes are terrific here as you will hear nuances and slightly different mixes than its stereo counterpart.
"Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd" will always be one of those “must haves in mono” and now you have it....This album will be forever known to have set many chart
achievements as its was one of four huge Monkees albums to have placed #1 in 1967, it was also the only album that replaced The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" in the #1 spot in the fall of 1967, and remained there into 1968.
"Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd." is also one of the rarest mono albums from the band, as stereo was the format of choice by the recording labels in 1968 and mono albums were soon discontinued. We have now gone back to the Colgems
monophonic tapes and are pleased to bring this incredible sounding recording to further enhance your Monkees experience.