- THE CANNED HEAT FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES
- CELEBRATE OVER FIVE DECADES OF CANNED HEAT
- THEIR LONG LOST 1974 ALBUM
- FIRST TIME EVER ON VINYL
- FIRST TIME METALLIC GOLD VINYL
- STRIKING DIE-CUT CIRCULAR COVER
- SUPER LIMITED EDITION
- PRODUCED BY TOM DOWD & FITO DE LA PARRA
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY LONG TIME CANNED HEAT RE-ISSUE PRODUCER JOE REAGOSO (BUDDY GUY/B.B. KING) FROM THE ORIGINAL CANNED HEAT-FRIDAY MUSIC TAPES
- TAPES FOUND & RESTORED BY CANNED HEAT'S FITO DE LA PARRA
- FEATURES INCREDIBLE BOOGIE BLUES AND ROCK JOINTS "CHOKIIN' TO DEATH" "SATURDAY NIGHT FISH FRY" "I IDOLIZE YOU" "50,000 BOOGIES" & "I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN'"
- BONUS LIVE TRACK "CHICAGO BOUND"
- CANNED HEAT ON TOUR 2023
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
1. Saturday Night Fish Fry
2. 50,000 Boogies
3. I Hear You Knocking
5. One Thing
6. I Idolize You
1. Harry's Open Pit And Bar
2. The Beggar
3. Choking To Death
4. Sad Ol' Mountain Sorrow
5. Boogie & Blues
6. Chicago Bound (recorded live)
CANNED HEAT: BOB HITE, FITO DE LA PARA, HENRY VESTINE, RICHARD HITE, ED BAYER & JAMES SHANE
As the Summer Of Love and the Hippie Movement was coming to a close, the mid-seventies continued to be very kind to the music of the legendary kings of the boogie Canned Heat. With their United Artists and Atlantic Records days behind them, they flew into Miami and began recording their latest material with Tom Dowd and Fito de la Parra and arrived at "The Ties That Bind" album.
Upon the completion of the recording sessions, the tapes were stored and never released, and initially were thought to have been destroyed in a fire at their manager's house in the late seventies.
Years later, Fito located the 1974 tapes, they were rescued and restored by the classic bluesman, and were issued very briefly on a rare CD in the early 90's.
Now, as technology has been more favorable to restoring great music like this, long time Canned Heat associate Joe Reagoso went back into the studio and remastered "The Ties That Bind." Therefore, Friday Music is very pleased to announce the first time ever vinyl master release of Canned Heat's "The Ties That Bind-The Lost '74 Sessions."
Featuring some real hard rockin' blues from the legends like Ike Turner's "I Idolize You", Huey "Piano" Smith's "If It Ain't One Thing It's Another" Canned Heat's own "Boogie and Blues" "Sad Ol' Mountain Sorrow" and a bonus live track of Jimmy Rogers' classic "Chicago Bound."
This super limited edition vinyl album will be pressed on striking Metallic Gold Vinyl and as an added feature, we will be presenting this long lost masterwork in a stunning Die-Cut Circular LP cover, making this one of the more important vinyl rediscoveries this year.
As Bob "The Bear" Hite would say "Don't forget to Boogie!!!"
For more Canned Heat, please visit www.fridaymusic.com - Celebrate 20 Years of Friday Music!!!