- THE CLARENCE CARTER -FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES
- CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH WITH THE LIVING LEGEND SOUL PIONEER
- SUPER LIMITED 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
- ORIGINAL ATLANTIC RECORDS CLASSICS
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS (B.B. KING/OHIO PLAYERS/WILSON PICKETT)
- STRIKING CLASSIC ARTWORK BY HAIG ADISHIAN
- SMASH HITS INCLUDE: "PATCHES" "SLIP AWAY" "I SMELL A RAT" "DARK END OF THE STREET" & "SNATCHIN' IT BACK"
Images may differ from actual vinyl colors, and product mock ups may not accurately represent actual product.
- Slip Away
- I Smell A Rat
- Too Weak To Fight
- Making Love (At The Dark End Of The Street)
- Snatching It Back
- I Can't Leave Your Love Alone
- Funky Fever
- Doin' Our Thing
- The Feeling Is Right
- Take It Off Him And Put It In Me
- You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure
Clarence Carter will be forever known as one of the original classic soul pioneers like Ray Charles, Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett who had a knack of mastering funk grooves drenched in gospel, soul, rock and pop.
Along with Fame Studio legendary producer the late great Rick Hall, Clarence Carter created some of the greatest sides ever for Atlantic.
In 1971, Clarence was honored with his first greatest hits collection by Atlantic simply titled "The Best Of Clarence Carter." This stunning array of his top charters includes "Patches", "Slip Away" and "Snatchin’ It Back"
The non-stop hits album also include more top charting singles like "Too Weak to Fight" and "I Can’t Leave Your Love Alone." Most of these great songs feature the legendary musicianship of folks like Duane Allman, Spooner Oldham and Barry Beckett.
Friday Music is very pleased to announce the super limited edition 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of "The Best Of Clarence Carter." Mastered from the original Atlantic Records tapes by Joe Reagoso (Wilson Pickett, B.B. King, Ray Charles) at Friday Music Studios, these classic tracks truly reach sonic heights in the audiophile vinyl domain.
To further enhance your Clarence Carter experience, we have also included the original artwork elements by famed artist Haig Adishian and the classic photos by Rayburn Sparks.
The soul lives on here at the Friday Music label, and as with our recent original pioneering soul albums from B.B. King, Ohio Players, Wilson Pickett, Donny Hathaway, and others, we feel this stunning Clarence Carter 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl will be a much anticipated and welcomed release to all the soul, funk and rock vinyl fans......"Can You Just Slip Away?"