- THE KING CURTIS - FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES CONTINUES
- CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH WITH THE LEGENDARY KING OF THE SAX!!!
- SUPER LIMITED 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
- ORIGINAL ATCO RECORDS 1968 GREATEST HITS COLLECTION
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS (B.B. KING/OHIO PLAYERS/WILSON PICKETT)
- PRODUCERS INCLUDE: TOM DOWD, TOMMY COGBILL & ARIF MARDIN
- STRIKING CLASSIC ARTWORK BY LORING EUTEMEY
- SMASH HITS INCLUDE: "MEMPHIS SOUL STEW" "I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER" "HARPER VALLEY P.T.A." "SOUL SERENADE" & "I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE"
- Harper Valley P.T.A
- Ode To Billy Joe
- Soul Serenade
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Memphis Soul Stew
- Spanish Harlem
- Jump Back
- Something On Your Mind
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Makin' Hey
- I Was Made To Love Her
FEATURED MUSICIANS: KING CURTIS, SPOONER OLDHAM, REGGIE YOUNG, GERALD GEMMOTT & BUDDY EMMONS
The late great King Curtis (Curtis Ousley) will be forever known as one of the finest saxophonists in the world, who had a plethora of funk filled albums featuring his one of a kind sound that would groove with all things soul, blues, gospel, jazz and rock.
Along with legendary producers like Arif Mardin and Tom Dowd, the late saxophonist created some of the greatest sides ever for ATCO Records.
After a decade of hit albums and big hit singles, in 1968 King Curtis was honored with his first greatest hits collection by ATCO simply titled "The Best Of King Curtis." This stunning array of his top groovers includes "Memphis Soul Stew", "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" "I Was Made To Love Her" "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'."
The non-stop hits album also include more top charting singles like "Ode To Billie Joe" and "Harper Valley P.T.A." Most of these great songs feature the legendary musicianship of folks like Spooner Oldham, Buddy Emmons and Reggie Young.
Friday Music is very pleased to revisit the super limited edition 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of "The Best Of King Curtis." Mastered from the original ATCO Records tapes by Joe Reagoso (Wilson Pickett, B.B. King, Ray Charles) at Friday Music Studios, these classic tracks truly reach sonic heights in the audiophile vinyl domain.
To further enhance your King Curtis experience, we have also included the original artwork elements by famed artist Loring Eutemey.