- THE WARREN ZEVON/ FRIDAY MUSIC SERIES CONTINUES
- CELEBRATE FRIDAY THE 13TH WITH THE "WEREWOLF OF LONDON"
- SUPER LIMITED FRIDAY MUSIC 180 GRAM TRANSLUCENT RED AUDIOPHILE VINYL
- STRIKING ORIGINAL ALBUM COVER ARTWORK
- RARE INNER SLEVE WITH LYRICS * PRODUCED BY JACKSON BROWNE
- IMPECCABLY MASTERED BY JOE REAGOSO (WARREN ZEVON/LINDA RONSTADT/BYRDS) AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS FROM THE ORIGINAL ASYLUM RECORDS TAPES
- INCLUDES THE HITS "EXCITABLE BOY" "WEREWOLVES OF LONDON" "JOHNNY STRIKES UP THE BAND" "LAWYERS, GUNS AND MONEY"
- FEATURED ARTISTS: WARREN ZEVON, JACKSON BROWNE, LINDA RONSTADT, MICK FLEETWOOD, JOHN McVIE, JOHN DAVID SOUTHER, WADDY WACHTEL, JORGE CALDERON, JEFF PORCARO & LELAND SKLAR
- Johnny Strikes Up The Band
- Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner
- Excitable Boy
- Werewolves Of London
- Accidentally Like A Martyr
- Nighttime In The Switching Yard
- Tenderness On The Block
- Lawyers, Guns And Money
1978 would never be the same, a relatively obscure but much respected rock singer/songwriter from Chicago named Warren Zevon released his third album on Asylum Records, and as 3 turned out to be his lucky charm, "Excitable Boy" would go on to be one of the most enjoyable rock albums of the classic rock era.
Complete with a number of hit radio tracks like "Johnny Strikes Up The Band" and "Excitable Boy", the album really took off with airplay on the seasonal favorite "Werewolves Of London" as well as the album hard rock closer "Lawyer, Guns And Money", and with all of this going on, Warren Zevon would be on very successful journey for the next few decades until his untimely death in 2003.
Early on in his career, the late great Warren Zevon would find his earlier songs and
productions on albums from the likes of The Turtles, The Everly Brothers, but his currency took off when Linda Ronstadt recorded several of his songs like "Hasten Down The Wind" and "Poor Poor Pitiful Me", where he would find a much larger audience and support from fellow Asylum Records artists like Linda Ronstadt and Jackson Browne.
Jackson Browne for years was playing "Werewolves Of London" in concert and would talk about Warren Zevon, especially at shows in Bryn Mawr, PA at the famous Main Point club. So, it was a natural progression when Jackson and guitar slinger Waddy Wachtel would go on to produce the "Excitable Boy" album.
Featuring all of the amazing songs already mentioned, as well as more great fare like
"Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner" "Accidently Like A Martyr" and "Veracruz", the Excitable Boy album would be his most famous album and continues to be an important fabric of the then burgeoning Los Angeles music scene from the late 60's into the late 70's. Warren Zevon, Jackson Browne and Waddy Watchtel brought many of their friends on board for the party, like Linda Ronstadt, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie from Fleetwood Mac, Leland Skalar, Russell Kunkel, Jorge Calderon, Jeff Porcaro from Toto/Steely Dan, and so many other notables, it really was an amazing time for classic rock fans.
Friday Music is no stranger to the music and artistry of the great Warren Zevon, therefore we are very pleased to announce the super limited Friday The 13th 180 Gram Translucent Red Vinyl edition of "Excitable Boy."
Mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Warren Zevon/Linda Ronstadt/Byrds) from the original Asylum Record tapes, this will become a much sought after audiophile vinyl title for classic rock connoisseurs everywhere.
For this amazing release, we are also including the original Lp artwork graphics, as well as the rare inner sleeve, complete with lyrics.
CELEBRATE 20 YEARS OF FRIDAY MUSIC!!! www.fridaymusic.com