- THE BEN E. KING - FRIDAY MUSIC VINYL SERIES BEGINS!!!
- CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH WITH THE LEGENDARY R&B PIONEER WHO GAVE US "STAND BY ME"
- FIRST TIME EVER SUPER LIMITED TRANSLUCENT RED AUDIOPHILE VINYL
- ORIGINAL ATCO RECORDS CLASSIC GREATEST HITS 1964 ALBUM
- MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO AT FRIDAY MUSIC STUDIOS (B.B. KING/RAY CHARLES/WILSON PICKETT)
- SMASH HITS INCLUDE: "STAND BY ME" "SPANISH HARLEM" "DON'T PLAY THAT SONG" "AMOR" & "I WHO HAVE NOTHING"
- That's When It Hurts
- Auf Wiedersehen, My Dear
- Around The Corner
- Young Boy Blues
- What Now My Love
- Stand By Me
- Don't Play That Song
- I (who Have Nothing)
- How Can I Forget
- I Could Have Danced All Night
- Spanish Harlem
Ben E. King will be forever known as one of the original classic soul pioneers like Ray Charles, Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett who had a knack of creating infectious hit recordings drenched in gospel, soul, rock and pop.
As a member of the The Five Crowns, Ben formulated a distinct vocal sound that would eventually bring him to global gold and platinum success as a lead vocalist and songwriter with The Drifters.
After leaving The Drifters in 1960, Ben E. King hit the top of the charts charts on his own with "Spanish Harlem" establishing his solo career which would last for over the next 5 decades.
Along with legendary producers like Jerry Wexler. Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller, Ahmet Ertegun and himself, the "Ben E. King" brand created some of the greatest sides ever for ATCO Records and the record buying public.
In 1964, Ben was honored with his first greatest hits collection by ATCO simply titled "Ben E. King's Greatest Hits." This stunning array of his top charters includes his worldwide smashes "Stand By Me" "Amor" "What Now My Love" "I (Who Have Nothing) and "Spanish Harlem."
The non-stop hits album also include more top charting singles like "Young Boy Blues" "That's When It Hurts" and "Don't Play That Song"
Friday Music is very pleased to announce the first time super limited edition translucent red vinyl release of "Ben E. King's Greatest Hits." Mastered from the original Atlantic Records tapes by Joe Reagoso (Wilson Pickett, B.B. King, Ray Charles) at Friday Music Studios, these classic tracks truly reach sonic heights on this stellar vinyl release.
To further enhance your Ben E. King experience, we have also included the 1964 artwork elements by famed artist Loring Eutemey.