- The Gordon Lightfoot-Friday Music Vinyl Series Continues
- His 1970 Masterpiece “If You Could Read My Mind”
- Multi-Gold and Platinum Album
- #1 Single "If You Could Read My Mind"
- First Time Ever Translucent Gold Vinyl
- Super Limited Edition
- Original Artwork Restored
- Mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Gordon Lightfoot) from the original Reprise Records tapes
- Classics included “If You Could Read My Mind” “Minstrel Of The Dawn” “The Pony Man” “Cobwebs & Dust” plus the very first recorded version of “Me and Bobby McGee”
- Featured Musicians: Gordon Lightfoot, Randy Newman, Van Dyke Parks, Ry Cooder, John B. Sebastian (Lovin’ Spoonful) Nick DeCaro (Baja Marimba Band), Red Shea and Rick Haynes
- Gordon Lightfoot (1938-2023)
- Minstrel Of The Dawn
- Me And Bobby McGee
- Approaching Lavender
- Saturday Clothes
- Cobwebs & Dust
- Poor Little Allison
- Sit Down Young Stranger
- If You Could Read My Mind
- Baby It's Allright
- Your Love's Return
- The Pony Man
After a string of highly regarded albums for United Artists, Gordon Lightfoot left to start a new journey with Reprise Records. In April of 1970, he delivered a great collection of songs initially titled “Sit Down Young Stranger” to the brass at the new label, and in a relatively short time, radio was picking up a lot of traction with the brilliance of “If You Could Read My Mind.”
The label convinced Gordon Lightfoot to change the name of the album to “If You Could Read My Mind” and the rest is pop music history. Within a few short months, the album would sell millions of copies around the world, netting him a #1 single and at Top 5 album.
As the song would carry well into 1971 and 1972, Gordon would become one a world class artist, setting him up for a career that would last for many decades.
The album would also include more Lightfoot classics like “Minstrel Of The Dawn” “The Pony Man” “Approaching Lavender” as well as the first ever recorded version of “Me and Bobby McGee” by Kris Kristofferson.
His musician friends lined up to help record this masterwork with the likes of Randy
Newman, Nick DeCaro, Ry Cooder, Van Dyke Parks, John B. Sebastian, plus long time bandmate greats Red Shea and Rick Haynes.
This album would go on to become one of the greatest albums of the seventies and one of biggest albums in Gordon Lightfoot’s significant catalog of recorded music.
Friday Music is very honored to revisit Gordon Lightfoot’s masterpiece “If You Could Read My Mind” for the first time ever on stunning Translucent Gold Vinyl. Mastered impeccably by long time Gordon Lightfoot re-issue producer Joe Reagoso, this super limited edition masterpiece will also be featured in its classic Lp cover designed by Tom Wilkes and Barry Feinstein.